A new shelter for the community

Hello everyone, what do you think about moving from discord to here?

68 Likes

Hi Dan, welcome!

I am re-categorizing this topic to the General category as it feels more relevant there.

We decided to move much of the community discussion to the forum for a few reasons. The main one is that content that is posted here is indexed by search engines and is easier to find than content that lives in discord. This is a super important point for a growing and on-boarding a community. Content persists and is useful much longer than on discord.

Another point is that the quality of posts tends to be of higher quality in forums like this than in discord servers. With the aztec connect sunset and the shift in focus to the next version of the network and Noir, it feels like a great time to make the switch. Forums like this are also better for managing nuanced discussion around long-lived, complex topics, like zk-zk-rollup architecture design. :slightly_smiling_face:

80 Likes

I think for quick support it will be necessary to get back on discord. Especially if dapps/network is live , just my 2cts .

Regards :slight_smile:

80 Likes

We are definitely planning on setting up a new Discord that is focused on Noir and the future Aztec network.

The previous Discord server was set up before Aztec Connect launched our focus has changed substantially since then. We will be more intentional and focused with the new Discord, so we are taking our time in order to set it up properly.

78 Likes

I filled out the “become a mod” form earlier, I’m very interested in our project and would like to become a mod, I have two years of modding experience and I think I’m capable of managing the Discord community!

14 Likes

Thanks for the interest, but I think we’ve got it covered for now!

16 Likes

:smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:So you’ve found the right man for the job. I wasn’t chosen.

19 Likes

Is the discord gone? I just tried to join via the link at the bottom of the aztec homepage and was received this error:

But tbh I do enjoy using discourse over discord

12 Likes

I just tried it and it is working for me. The link on aztec.network is for Aztec Connect support, is that the discord you are looking for?

12 Likes

Thanks for the replay josh. It seems to be working for me now!

17 Likes

Discord we talk about discord talks
but this area absolutely different

13 Likes

As a developer, I am very used to forums, but not so used to discord. The forum is more pure, without too much noise. In fact, I rarely check discord because there are too many messy messages, but the posts of the forum focus on a specific topic, which can efficiently figure out what everyone is interested in recently.

13 Likes

Discord feels better, Idk. I would revive Aztec discord

20 Likes